We are trying to eat more veggies so I, of course, am looking for some good ways to prepare them. Here is a new one we tried (and liked) this week
Quick Zesty Green Beans
1 pound fress green beans, stem ends removed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
1/3 cup pecan pieces
Salt to taste
Bring a large or of water to a boil. Add green beans, return to boil and cook 1 minute; the beans should still be crisp. Drain the beans; don't rinse. In a large skillet or wok, add oil. Heat until very hot. Add beans and cook about 1 minute, turning often with tongs or spatula. Sprinkle on pecans and cajun seasoning. Turn the beans to coat with oil and spices; cook about 2 minutes more, or until beans and nuts are slightly browned. Salt to taste and serve.
I am always looking for more, so please share any you like!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Mmmm, thanks mom! We will definitely try those out next week. They sound yum.
Hello Marianne! You never know who you're going to run into in cyberspace these days. Very cute sight! Excellent work :)
Kristin
YOU FORGOT TO KEEP BLOGGING
I'm with Stac, I keep checking for a new post!
Post a Comment